TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The remote does not work anymore. We purchased a new remote…

Customer Question
The remote does not...

The remote does not work anymore. We purchased a new remote and that still does not work. Does the laser receiver give out on the tvs

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

VizioVL320M

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None at the moment. remote does not work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Our unit was purchased in costco in 2009. The unit works just fine with the

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Can you operate the TV via control buttons on TV itself?

TV works fine otherwise. Good clear picture and sound.

OK, we need to verify the TV remote with help to digital or cellphone camera, it would be either the remote control or remote sensor problem in TV.

So lets verify the TV remote first, please click following youtube link to watch a video clip about how to test the remote with the camera...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx4zBKTSiM

Please reply back with the result to proceed further

Neither remote has a light in it. I have an apple phone. turned my camera on and pointed it to the remote laser. There were no lights.

Please use front camera of iPhone as the rear camera has a built-in infrared light filter and may not show remote control IR light signals.

both of the remotes are working. I can see the blinking infrared light in both.

OK, that means the remote sensor inside TV is defective that made TV unable to receive remote control infrared signals of remote control, replacement of IR sensor board in TV will fix the problem.

Click the following link to view IR sensor board image and price info if you have a plan to work on it yourself...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-3642-0022-0189-IR-Board/142613630442?hash=item21346f4dea:g:4~MAAOSwSdZWfgnX

OR you can search/ google the part with part number Vizio 3632-0022-0189 to get a better price.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

what next??

Did you get my previous reply where I posted detailed answer to fix the problem?

Let me post it again...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician