TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Bought a new LG smart tv and have hooked up the HDMI cable…

Customer Question
Bought a new LG...

Bought a new LG smart tv and have hooked up the HDMI cable from the direct tv receiver to the HDMI In port the tv will not connect with direct tv

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

No, the prompt in the LG set up keeps saying that the tv needs to know how I receive tv service. I click on the cable/satellite but it keeps jumping back and saying that there isn't a source found.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

The internet connection isn't connected to the tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We have wifi

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/12/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

When connecting via an HDMI cable- you need to skip that section you're currently in (the TV is looking for a coaxial connection in that mode). Instead, use the INPUT function and CHOOSE the HDMI input you are plugged into (for example: HDMI 1) and the TV should then display the DirecTv signal. If you get stuck then reply back with the model number off of the back of the LG.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Are you having website issues preventing you from replying??

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

I was able to push past the wizard and set up everything else including the WiFi. Now the tv is scanning all the different cable and antenna channels but isn’t finding anything.

That's the problem, you don't want to scan for anything. You just want to change the input. Again, if you're stuck please reply back with the model number off the back of the LG.

LG 60UJ63I bought a new HDMI cable but it didn’t fix the problem.

CHANGE the INPUT. Do you know how to do that with the remote?

No, I wasn’t able to access anything on the remote control besides the channel set up function.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I figured it out and it is now working. Thanks.

Thank you

Harry, Customer Service