TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Curtis LCDVD326A100904273 5 years old and it just…

Customer Question
I have a Curtis...

I have a Curtis LCDVD326A100904273 5 years old and it just started blinking off and on after being on 10 or more minutes. when it is unpluged

Technician's Assistant: What Curtis model do you have? How old is it?

I have a Curtis LCDVD326A100904273 tv combo 5 years old and it just started blinking off and on after being on for about 10 minutes.If left unplugged over night it sometimes will work all day

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes it is the same if playing a disk or watching tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LCDVD326A100904273? What happened right before this?

It began working a shorter time until sometimes it will not work at all

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is all the info I have

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
12/12/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Any repair/ part replacement done to the TV so far for this trouble?

there has never been any problems before this
just type the message

Thanks for the info, this kind of problem mostly occurs due to failing capacitors on power supply board of the TV, replacement of bad capacitors (it needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) or entire power supply board (it is easy work) will fix the problem.

Please click on the following link to view power supply board image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info if you have a plan to work on it yourself...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/megmeet-mp116-power-supply-unit.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

what does the $54.95 cover the cost ?
you can't get a good rating if you don't answer the questions

Sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer

I have no insight into account matters, please contact customer service at given number for any billing info...

USA:(###) ###-####/p>

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician