TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just bought a used Samsung samsung PN64D8000FF 64" Plasma…

Customer Question
Hi, I just bought...

Hi, I just bought a used Samsung samsung PN64D8000FF 64" Plasma TV that won't turn on. I did some research and found that many of these had bad capacitors. Mine doesn't, and it doesn't click when I turn it on. The standby power light goes out but then nothing. I'm wondering if its my main board and how to troubleshoot it further?

Technician's Assistant: Is your PN64D8000FF connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Other than the*****fro mthe thrift store where I bought it, to my house? ;-)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/12/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help but need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Was the TV working fine in the store when purchased?

- Do you have basic electronics knowledge and necessary tools to troubleshoot if want to work on it yourself?