TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Last evening our magnavox Tv flashed and went to a

Last evening our magnavox...

Last evening our magnavox Tv flashed and went to a horerozontal single line across the screen the sound was fine. Just now I called Comcast and their automated system tried to refresh their signal then the sound went out. Then a tech got on line and said it was nothing from their end. He tried to walk me through some options but none of them worked, I can't find the original controller and can't read the tabs on the front of the box. I found the on/off and 4 up and down buttons but cn't tell what they are for and can't see any impact pushing them does.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Magnavox TV?

No I have 3 dvd/vcr boxes but have not installed them.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you.
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website .
That being said , a few questions coming up
Please let me know when ready to proceed ,send me a hello .
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Those 4 up/down buttons would be channel and volume by the way

Model # 60803610, I knew they were channel & volume but can't tell which is which.

Does not look like a model number but what you describe sounds like an older crt tube tv , not a flat screen , is that correct ?

Jack
Jack, Technician
My cel kept wringing but wouldn't answer.
Phone call session started

I did not call yet , sorry , i had to step out for a bit

I`m ready to accept your phone request but first i want to make sure you understand that this cost an extra $26
Do you still want that call or do you wish to continue in chat mode ?
That offer was sent automated by the website by the way , NOT ME

In any case tight now i do not see you phone number so if you still want that call please type it down here ?

My cel keeps ringing, but doesn't answer. Please call land line(###) ###-####
I've sent it several times(###) ###-####
You are correct it is an older model not a flat screen. This system does not work well I don't seem to see your messages in real time.

Thanks , i never got that number before now for some reason , calling

I keep getting the messagre that you are calling on my cel and to check your message here but it goes away before I can respond!!!

Rang about 10 times and said "number not available"

I`ll tell you what , i will give you an answer right here and cancel the phone call , you will save $26

We don`t need the phone here anyway

Ok what do I do now

Let me type this down

It rang agsin snd this time when I tried to read your answer it took me to an app store,

That was not me

What you have is a vertical deflection problem

This is caused either by a failed vertical deflection chip , and open 28 volts feed or most common a broken solder joint on that chip , these generate a fair amount of heat and with time the solder becomes brittle

Go to the tv and give it a few good slap on the sides and top to see if anything will move on screen

that didn't do anything.

If this is not caused by a bad solder joint then you will need parts and troubleshooting and those tv`s were not like today`s tv`s where you can just swap a board and be on your way , you will need the help of a local tech. and to tell you frankly , no matter what the size or age of the tv , if it is old enough to have a tube then i would not recommend a repair that may cost you some $200 while you can get a new 32 "LCD tv with all the bells and whistles for that price

Sorry but no easy fix here , no reset or adjustments , your tv is definitely defective

As far as the sound goes , just reboot the cable box by pulling out its power cord 30 secs

I will now close that phone request as incomplete and your deposit will be refunded

Note that you may not see the credit right away but you will get it

You can also cancel that phone request and have the deposit refunded at this number 1.***-***-****
Phone request only please , not the post , i did work on it with you

Thanks, ***** ***** that, but Comcast has been unreliable so I thought it was worth a try. One more question how do I stop the robo calls from the answer server?

Its not us sending those , i have no idea

Ok Bye now!

Certainly not me and i doubt it would be the website , never heard of that

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician