TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

What is the aspect ratio for HDTV screens. I want to knowso…

Customer Question
What is the aspect...

What is the aspect ratio for HDTV screens

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I want to knowso I can properly size a TV for a wall in our home.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don't have a TV in place yet. I am trying to find the proper relationship between our rectangular wall and the diagonal sizes of HDTV screens

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

We just moved into a new home

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

All modern flat screen LED type tvs are in a widescreen 16:9 ratio, meaning for every 16 inches in width, there is 9 inches in height,

though screens are typically measured diagonally.

Here is a chart with sizes/distances and some measurement tools you may find useful as well.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.