TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

None of the HDMI or RGB inputs work. However NETFLEX works…

Customer Question
None of the HDMI or...
None of the HDMI or RGB inputs work. However NETFLEX works on the app in the TV.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/12/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Thank you

What source(s) on the TV have you tried (cable box, DVD player, etc.) to confirm the TV's HDMI and component video inputs don't work please?

Apple TV and Roku

Okay and you've tried multiple HDMI cables (more than one) and are selecting the correct Input, etc.? Also how old is the set please?

I switched out hdmi and used the same equipment on a different tv and it worked. Approx 6 years old.

Okay, that means the Mainboard needs to be replaced in the TV (there's no pushbutton fixes for this). Please give me a minute to type this up.

How much is that?

This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $100 (but is currently showing as out of stock):

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebr73146501-main-board-for-42lv5500-ua.htm

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $250-$300 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 42" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

The first site is out of them - do you have an alternate site?

No, I do not. You would need to use the part number or model number and Google it (that is what we do as well). That board is showing as out of stock from all sites I've checked, which is beyond my control I'm afraid.