TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My husband put up a TV antenna, and we got off Cable. The Tv…

Customer Question
My husband put up...

My husband put up a TV antenna, and we got off Cable. The Tv worked great for quite awhile, and now it freezes when we first turn it on. after awhile it comes on ok. It only happens when we first turn it on!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a Samsung. It is a flat screen TV . Not sure how long we have had it. I'd say 7yrs..8 maybe.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. We sometimes get on Roku.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Nothing happened. I just think something went bad in the system. Like i said, it only happens when we turn it on. Then it resets it's self about 2 or three times. Then the picture is good!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/12/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

What you described are the first signs of a power supply circuit dying , namely its capacitors , this will get only worse i`m afraid until one morning it won`t come on any longer

If you are into this i could show you how to repair this but i would need the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

Or i could just give you an idea of the repair cost ?