TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to hook up my old 2003 Toshiba tv to the

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to hook up my old 2003 Toshiba tv to the satelitte and I can't get past 03, 04, and Line. I can bring up the menu, but it won't skip timer setting and won't move down with the channel arrow key.

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

It is a MV13N3 model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu is the only thing I have tried. It will uip and down the channels but only to 3 and 4 and Line. What does line mean?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

We have not been using the toshiba since the grandchildren grew up. It has just been sitting in the shop.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/11/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me what type of satellite service and how you have the TV connected to the satellite receiver please?

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.

I am with Dish. After I left my question, I found out that the coax wasn't making connection. Some how it was hanging on there, but the coax end doesn't fit into the fitting on the back of the TV. It seems it needs an adapter of sort to be able to screw it on. There may not be a problem was it can be connected correctly.

It may just be a push-on type of connector? Look closely and see if there are any threads inside the connector. If not and it is large enough to fit on the TV connector, you may just need to push it on.

I noticed my bank was charged 28$. I thought the 5$ was all I had to pay????

My apologies for any confusion. The $5 is simply a down payment. Each customer selects the amount they wish to pay for assistance.

Dan, Broadcast Engineer