TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a UN56F 55" that clicks on for a second then off. It…

Customer Question
I have a UN56F...

I have a UN56F 55" that clicks on for a second then off. It keeps clicking on and off and will not come on. I tried power cycling it and that did not work.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes. I tried a couple of times. I left it off for a half hour the second time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/11/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

- Was there any thunderstorm in the area that might have caused this problem in TV?

It is a UN55F6400AF

Thanks

It makes a clicking sound and the screen comes on for a second then goes black. It keeps doing this until I unplug the TV.
There was no thunder or lightning.

OK, does the TV show Samsung logo/ any graphics when the screen comes On for a second OR it just glows and shut Off then repeats?

I already paid $33. I don't want to pay any more.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

.

Does the TV show Samsung logo/ any graphics when the screen comes On for a second OR it just glows and shut Off then repeats?

It shows "Smart TV" for a second.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately, it is hardware related failure inside TV and most likely the mainboard problem that boots up, resets due to internal failure and reboot and again resets, this process goes on and you see it as TV repeatedly on-off.

Mainboard is one where all video/ HDMI inputs are located, replacement of mainboard will fix the issue. Please click the following link to view mainboard image and part number info (crosscheck the part number off of main board installed inside the TV) to search/ google it to get price info if you have the plan to work on it yourself.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-06169d-main-board-for-un55f6400afxza.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician