TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We get no picture or sound, but get 5 flashing and 3 short…

Customer Question
We get no picture...

We get no picture or sound, but get 5 long flashing and 3 short flashing

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

None

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you.
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website .
That being said , a few questions coming up
Please let me know when ready to proceed ,send me a hello .
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Hello Jack, give me a second or two to get the numbers
Phillips
Model 50PF731D/37
Serial YA1B0634018481
No, so far no one else has figured it out and do not wish to keep paying out more money for nothing. Thank you for your trouble.

Sorry , was not notified of your reply

Give me a minute please

If that code means anything then the Philips engineers are keeping it for themselves , even the service manuals do not talk about blink codes

That is why nobody knows what it means , n repair shop we do not bother with those Philips blinking light , we simply get in there with meters and troubleshoot

Sorry but I thought we were talking about a sharp or Mitsubishi tv

I will opt out and repost your question

Perhaps someone here has something on this

Thank you Jack very much. You are a good honest person!!
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

If you need any help with this let me know

Anthony

Louie, Technician