TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a 50 inch panasonic tv we bought in 2008. but what…

Customer Question
We have a 50...

We have a 50 inch panasonic tv we bought in 2008. but what im chating about we have dish and and while watching our tv everonce in a while it will go black for about 15 seconds and come back to program . i have contacted dish several times and they said its not in there system for our other 2 tv don't do that

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

TH-50PX80U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The guide works ok

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?

About one month

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to know what i can do if anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/11/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

OK there are checks you can carry out to prove one way or the other if this is a dish\box issue OR the TV itself now what you need to do is simply this, when it goes black press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come up?

Check 2 ....does it do the same if you use another input like a DVD player for example?

I appreciate this is intermittent so when you get a chance come back here with your findings

The menu came up but and the pic came back on

You have to do it when the fault happens then let me know if the menu is up (picture is not)

Or are you saying it went black you pressed the menu and then then pic came on?

If so try again

Went black for 10seconds and menu board came up but pic came on behind menu board

Can you please try that a couple more times also try another input like i said before

Thanks for your help but we will just deal with it the way it is

You are not understanding what I am trying to do........the fault COULD BE the box OR the TV ......the checks will tell me which once we know WHICH we move on because either or could be causing this....its the way we do things there is no other way

And you will be stuck in the "not knowing" situation unless you call out a tech for $150 starters

I will await your response or otherwise thanks