TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 47 inch tv states no signal. Lg. Lge47lx6500. My friend…

Customer Question
My 47 inch tv...

My 47 inch tv states no signal

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Lg

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Lge47lx6500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

My friend gave it to me It was working before

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you.
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website .
That being said , a few questions coming up
Please let me know when ready to proceed ,send me a hello .

Hello

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable ,cable with cable box and cable remote or satellite box ?

My LG states no sign
Antenna

Is this s first time setup or it was working and stopped ?

Yes ??

To what ?

First time setup
Now it turn off

O.k then and you are in TV mode with a channel number on the screen ?

Yes it will turn off after a while when there is no signal , thats normal

Did you do a channel search ?

I did a channel search

You did it in AIR/ANTENNA mode and DTV ?

How about your antenna is it indoor or outdoor ?

I did it in air antenna

Did you see it scanning for digital channels , this usually can take up to 5 minutes

I did
Thanks for helping

O.k then if your antenna is good and well connected then something`s wrong with the tv`s tuner

First thing is to double check your connection at the back of the tv , unscrew or pull out the RF connector and make sure the center pin is straight and sticking out about 1/8 of an inch at least

If it is an amplified antenna make sure the power is applied as well

If everything is fine there then the tv`s tuner has a problem , in which case i will have a solution for you

No problem

Which is

Be right back

If the tuner turns out to be defective then you could connect an external tuner like what you can see at the link below ;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F5QK562?psc=1

This would go between your antenna and tv`s HDMI input for a HD picture

You can find such a digital tv converter locally at stores like bestbuy , walmart , radio shack etc. as well

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician