TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a vizio e500i-a0 50" flat screen tv that has a dark…

Customer Question
I have a vizio...

I have a vizio e500i-a0 50" flat screen tv that has a dark path in the middle of the tv horizontal that is a little darker than the rest of the tv screen? what could be wrong?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your E500I-A0?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Nope

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of/

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please