TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The tv will onluly turn on for a split second. Sometimes it…

Customer Question
The tv will onluly...

The tv will onluly turn on for a split second. Sometimes it works fine, other times it does this. Vizio 55"

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

Its maybe...6 or 7 years old if that. I dont know what model it is other than a 55 inch "smart" tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I would say so, it doesnt turn on. When it is on it works fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
WelcomeSorry you are having trouble here, does the vizio light on the front of the set change color please when the set goes off?what color does it change to?Anthony
Its just the standard white power light, and the V shows on the screen for a split second, then it goes black and the power light slowly fades out
Its either a power or mainboard issue and one of those will likely need to be replaced,however have you rebooted the set? Unplug set from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in?please do that if not thanks,let me know