TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv isn't workig working* Toshiba, model # 46xv640uv,

Customer Question
My tv isn't workig...

My tv isn't workig working*

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Toshiba, model # 46xv640uv, about 5-10 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, tv menu doesn't work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 46XV640UV? What happened right before this?

A few days, i pressed the wrong button

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried plugging and unplugging it, it still says "unsupported video signal" and the box doesn't turn on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/10/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

That wouldn't be a problem with your TV- but with your box. Who is your cable provider?

Ok

time warner
i don't think it's just a problem with the box
i pressed a random button on my remote a few days ago and can't get the tv to function again

You said the box doesn't even have a light. Not sure how your TV can cause that.

i've tried a lot of different things

Please stop repeatedly replying. Reply once and await my reply.

it does have a light
i didn't say anything about the light

You said the box doesn't turn on, so I figured you meant no light. A light would mean it turns on. Anyhow I will opt out now.

you will opt out now? I'm assuming this means no charge to me
or you're referring me to someone else i guess
wow
that is very rude
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your TV. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

ok, thanks
my tv says "no video signal" now after I tried to turn it on and off and the cable box won't turn on
this started a few days ago after i pushed a random button on my remote

I understand.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV and the cable box. Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Toshiba model # 46xv640vx, cable box dcx3400 motorola
standard cables, they're not really connected though
I've tried re-booting mostly

How is the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s)?

Have you tried power cycling both the TV and cable box? ...unplugging both for an extended period of time? ...plugging back in but into a different outlet?

Have you checked / replaced the cables connecting the Motorola to the TV?
...tried another source such as a DVD player?

i haven't tried unplugging them for a while
nothing wrong with the cables or anything else I'm pretty confident, like I said it just started because I pushed some random button on my remote a few days ago
any suggestions?

Have you tried pressing the TV remote's INPUT button? ...then ▲/▼ to select an Input Selection? ...and then the ENTER button?

i unplugged both the tv and cable box just now again
now the power is completely off on the tv, not sure what happened
i don't see an input button on the remote
i tried plugging the tv into another outlet too just now, still nothing

Sorry but getting multiple posts / replies only delays my ability to respond and very confusing.

Let's start fresh; is the TV now completely / electrically dead?

it appears to be dead

As posted above, ..unplugging both for an extended period of time? How long was the TV and the cable box unplugged please?

ok, i can try that. This time I just unplugged it shortly

Yes please as an extended period of time would serve as a soft RESET and dissipate residual power; hence the longer the better.

It would also serve as an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.

Further, that there is no INPUT button on the remote would imply that it is not an original Toshiba remote. Which remote control was/is used ?

ok, they're both unplugged now. It looks like a time warner remote 1056B03

Yes please; ...unplug both for an extended period of time...the longer the better.

And post back with an update when able.

ok
it's a flat rate here, right? not charged by the hour? and how much a i paying again?

Sorry but my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.

Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support.

ok, just plugged them both back in. Still nothing out of the TV
I don't want to pay for this service

Done; "...don't want to pay..." relayed to Customer Support.

Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread