TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Having a problem with cable signal. Trying to figure out if…

Customer Question
Having a problem with...

Having a problem with cable signal. Trying to figure out if its the tv, or cable box. Using hdmi cable from cable box to the tv. The picture signal blinks on and off. If I turn off tv and turn it back on the picture stays on until I change the channel and then the signal comes and goes again unless I turn the tv off and back on again. Help!!!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Just purchased the tv, its a vizio, where Ido I get the model number the book lists e43-2 e50-e1 and e50- 3 and e50-e1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works and I have the same problem regardless of which inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Just changed the cable box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/10/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Is it only the screen that blinks or the sound also cuts off ?

hold on I will try it
just the picture, I don't hear any sound

You don`t have sound when the tv works normal ?

Or the sound cuts when it starts doing this ?

it starts going on and off when you turn on the tv and then turn it off, and back on everything works great sound and picture until you change the channel, then it goes back to a blinking picture and no sound
its a modelE-50x-E1

Give me a few minutes please

Ok

Just one more thing

Could you verify that your serial number starts with these letters LTMWVJBS ?

I do not want to switch to a phone call and pay another 26 dollars for a tv that I just purchased a week ago. This should be under warranty. If you can help me, then please do so. It may be the cable converter box and not the tv. I was hopeing you would have had this problem before and could give me an anwser

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those

If you got this tv only a week ago then return it for an exchange or refund , not a repair

It has a main board problem

Thank you

If you turn the tv off and it clears the problem temporarily then its not a cable box problem

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
And note this post will stay open to further conversation if needed.