TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just received my new Vizio remote control. How do i set it…

Customer Question
I just received my...

I just received my new Vizio remote control. How do i set it up?

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

It is a 55 inch TV we bout about one year ago.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I don't have a problem. I received a new remote that is supposed to have more functions. How do I set it up?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Nothing happened. I just want to set up my new remote.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/10/2017
TV Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Dave. I must apologize for not being able to call you as my phone service is currently down. I can still, however, assist you in getting your remote set up.

Here are the steps you need to take:

(1) Manually turn on your TV (or device you want to control).
(2) Press the TV (or device) button and hold for 5 seconds until the LED flashes twice. LED will remain lit.
(3) Find the programming code for your TV (or device) in the code list [for a complete listing of codes to program your remote, please click here.] and enter it using the Number Buttons. The LED flashes once after entering each digit. If the code is accepted, the LED flashes twice after the last digit is and then turns off.
(4) Point the VIZIO remote control at the device and press the POWER button. If the device powers off, setup is complete. If not, repeat steps with a different code.

Hi Dave.
I have not heard back from you and was wondering if I was able to successfully assist you.
If so, please remember to rate my answer (if you are unsure how to do that, please click here for instructions).
Enjoy the rest of your night.

Kraig
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer