TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Attempting to use digital antenna, and keep getting prompted…

Attempting to use digital...

Attempting to use digital antenna, and keep getting prompted for password ***** some channels

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony Bravia-- Probably 7 years?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. don't have this issue with the other sources or inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

I've never used cable/antenna feature, so this is the first time I've experienced this problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a digital antenna set up through the CABLE IN port. that's about it, I think

12/10/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Model No. KDL-46NX800 ; Serial no.(###) ###-####
Thank you!

Thanks, ***** ***** it...

Do you put a password ***** watch certain channel when TV ask for it?

I've been entering the "default password" I found online: 4357. But I don't know if that password ***** actually changed at some point.

OK, it seems Parental Control option is On in TV settings that should be turn Off to get rid of password *****

Please go to TV menu then settings and find the parental control to set it Off and reply back with the result

Thanks

ok, parental lock is off

Nice, now try those channels where TV aks for the password, do you still get that prompt?

the prompt for password ***** appears. "Rating exceeded. Press ENT to enter password." Default password *****'t work, and I'm not sure if there is another one for this unit.

Sorry to hear that, 4357 is the master password ***** overrides any other one in this TV.

Have you tried to restore TV to default settings?

I'll try that next.

OK, restore TV to default settings and run channel scan/ auto program again that should fix the issue.

Reset option would be in TV menu, settings or you may please try the following procedure.

1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied remote, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding down the UP arrow button press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the setup.

Please reply back with the result

Shahid, thank you for your time. I have to leave my house now, but I will try restoring the default settings when I return. If I continue to have issues, I'll get back in touch. You've been very helpful. Thank you.

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Shahid
Shahid, Technician