TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I setup the channels on my tv? I don't have the

Customer Question
How do I setup...

How do I setup the channels on my tv? I don't have the remote and can't do it just using the buttons on the side of the tv.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

VW32L HDTV40A

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None right now because my husband played around and managed to get to the Initial Setup screen, but it's stuck there, and we can't move from that point.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We do have Comcast Xfinity, and have been using their remote, but it isn't accessing channels properly.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/10/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
If you seem to lose me refresh your browser (F5 key )
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

PS. Myself I do not send the phone or any offers that you may receive ,I have no control over those either, they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

How is the cable box connected to the tv , is it HDMI ?

O.k then do not touch the tv , it is not the one receiving the channels and if there is a problem with the reception then the tv has nothing to do with that , it is just a monitor to the cable box

Try to reboot the box by pulling out its power cord 30 secs or so

No, I don't want to use the phone and incur more charged

Read what i said above

Myself I do not send the phone or any offers that you may receive ,I have no control over those either, they are automated by the website

Try that reboot

If that does not do it then double check your connections at the back of it and have it replaced if everything is good there , you have aa defective cable box

Much better than a defective tv though

I rebooted the box, and it didn't change any thing. The tv screen is still stuck on the Vizio setup page. With the box turned off, is there anything I can do with the vizio side buttons that can get rid of the setup page? I will switch the box with another I have operating on a different tv in the house.

You said in your opening post " it isn't accessing channels properly."

Now you are saying it is stuck on the setup page ???

Sorry but i`m opting out , your question will be reposted

PS. DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

Sorry, jack, but the full data I gave to the original contact before she forwarded to you was that the screen was stuck on the Visio setup page.....
I did state in my original contact that the screen was stuck on the Visio setup page.