TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have an Emerson 32" tv. Model ld320em2. Getting message

Customer Question
Have an Emerson 32"...

Have an Emerson 32" tv. Model ld320em2. Getting message resolution mismatch change devices resolution. What do I do

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just tried a few minutes ago. Took out my small tv to replace with this larger one. Tried turning off. No go. Box is set at 1080i. Why won't they match up?

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Shouldn't be that hard. Should it?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/10/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
If you seem to lose me refresh your browser (F5 key )
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

PS. Myself I do not send the phone or any offers that you may receive ,I have no control over those either, they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

Hello

Hi

How are you connected , is it HDMI ?

Did this used to work and stopped or never worked yet ?

HDMI. Yes it worked until I tried to hook up this tv. Getting message resolution mismatch
I know what that means but I don't know how to fix

Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for it to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time and observe the screen while it does to see if the initial boot is visible

Didn't work. Same message

When did you use that tv the last time ?

You said you had another tv on that box that was working , is it still working ?

Old tv was working this morning

Right now your choices are trying something else like a dvd or game on this tv for a test

Or another box on this tv

When did you get that tv , is it new in your setup ?

Probably new in setup

By the look of it there iis a problem with this tv ,at least its HDMI input

DO you happen to have component RCA type cables ?

The component input would still give you 1080i and i have a pretty good idea would clear that problem

RCA cables?? Explain please

RCA,PHONO like AUDIO cables youknow they`ve been around for over 40 years

Look at the back the where it says Y-Pb-Pr component input

Of course the cable box needs to have those as well , most do

Those terminals would work