TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just bought and installed a 70" Sony; I have a difficult…

Customer Question
I just bought and...

I just bought and installed a 70" Sony; I have a difficult time setting it up so I can access the cable channels.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Bravia, Model No. KD-70X69O

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Problem is, it is frozen. Last night, I was able to watch Netflix; this morning, I turned it on, it displays Netflix but it is frozen, I can't even turn the darn thing off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I make the thing work, unfreeze it, for starters.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/10/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
If you seem to lose me refresh your browser (F5 key )
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

PS. Myself I do not send the phone or any offers that you may receive ,I have no control over those either, they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

Hello

Hi

First thing for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Let me know how that goes

I did. What's next?

And ??

What is the result ?

Screen says "No signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT button"

Yes now use the input button to get back to the cable box , typically HDMI 1

But now the tv is no longer frozen you`re just not on the correct input

I did. The same "No signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT button" appears

The cable box on ?

Go through all the inputs if you have to , one of them is your box

I did HDM! input, all it resulted in is that the HDM1 appears on the top left of the screen, no picture, no sound.

Is the tv connected HDMI anyway ?

Can you see at the rear of the tv or box what it says next to where its plugged in ?

You did not pull that cable while unplugging the tv did you ?

Make sure it is connected securely at the back of the tv and box

The tv was frozen and now you have no signal , different problem here

What cable box are you referring to? I have two boxes, one is the Boise sound box, and the is the internet box, I believe.

Cable tv box , the one that you point the cable company remote to

You have a cable company remote do you ?

This Sony did not come with a box. Maybe I need to call my cable company?
I have a remote from the cable company, but that was for the old TV

Do You have a cable company remote ?

You`re not using it for this one ?

No I'm using the one that came with the TV yesterday.

If thats the case then never mind the HDMI input

Go back to netflix , it will work there now

I assumed you had a cable box connected to this tv

The Netflix did work last night, it did not work this morning.

Yes but try it now , your tv is no longer frozen

No box. Do I need one? I am unable to access the regular TV or cable channels right now.

Yes of course you need a box

There may be some analog channels on your cable system that could be received by plugging the cable directly into the tv but the picture will be terrible if you ever get anything

If that answers your questions for now PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

I went through this exercise for about two hours last night trying to access the regular channels for sports and news. No success there.Ok, I'll call my cable company. Thanks.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

I just did. Thank you. Over and out.

Maybe you did not click on the submit after , its not here

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician