TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My picture is half the screen...a power outage may have

Customer Question
My picture is half...

My picture is half the screen...a power outage may have occurred...I think my model is TH37P025.... how do I get a full screen on cable?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Panasonic plasma TV.....

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

I think it’s model TH37P025....about 10 year old. Plasma type. Howard

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

You people helped me...my notes say...to channel...then to caption...scroll to HDMI...press exit....what’s missing?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your TH37P025? What happened right before this?

Away on trip....came home and it changed...may have been a power outage? HOWARD.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think my notes are CLOSE but not complete...I’m missing a step!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/9/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is it half the screen vertically or horizontally please?

Anthony

The picture is smaller in a horizontal format...it’s shrunk in height,not width.
Are you telling me $5.00 + $25.00+$26.00——are you sure?

I am not sending messages about phone calls etc the site is but I do believe the 5 + 25 is correct once we are through with diagnosis and options available

The 26 is if you opt for a phone call

When....when....when....?

When what please?

You asked about pricing I replied above,I am now awaiting your response

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Hello Howard,

on what content does this happen? Cable/satellite?

WHEN, WHEN ISA REPLY FROM YOU....NO REPLY SO FAR...HOWARD.

Howard, this is a conversation and requires back and forth communication.

I cannot provide an instant answer as I don't have sufficient information from you to do so.

Can you please provide the specific details I've requested:

What details....I’ve replied with model,brand,type.......I’m on a cable system, this ain’t working....Howard

Yes I have that information, I'm asking specifically what is connected to the tv. Is there a cable BOX connected, or just basic cable (coax from the wall to the tv)?

A cable box....how else could you get cable?duh!

Via basic cable, just coax, very common, which is why I needed to ask as it makes a significant difference as to how we address the problem.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both.

You don’t get it....your answering “ your question” not mine....typical! Do you know how to set the TV from Panasonic ? Do you have access to Panasonic instructions? Yes-No?

I'm giving you the instructions to resolve the issue, which is much more likely coming from the box than from the tv.

The panasonic instructions are not relevant at this point if the box is not set correctly in the first place. I'd be happy to provide those for you if you'd like though, if you can give me the proper model number from the back of the tv. What you sent is not a valid model number.

Panasonic Plasma model #..TH-37PD25...SN(###) ###-####....again!

You had previously been sending TH37P025, thank you for the corrected information.

There is a button, on the panasonic remote, labeled ASPECT (right above the channel/arrow up button) which is used for adjusting the screen on the tv itself.

Forget this request....I’m out-ta-here.....this was useless to . You don’t get it....the TV was working only with a smaller picture and the box wasn’t it....it was Pansnasoic...never again!

I completely understand the symptom and told you specifically where to address that using the panasonic remote. If you're unable or unwilling to follow the instructions I'm providing, we won't be able to reach a resolution. If you'd like to try again later, under the fees you've already paid, I'd be happy to help.

Best of luck