TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to connect to the internet and it says error exe…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect to the internet and it says error exe 001. I rang the internet provider and they said it is working fine.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is model UA40ES5500 the brand is Samsung

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu is working other devices are working well. Can’t get into anything online on the tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UA40ES5500? What happened right before this?

It has been an issue for a while it was working and when I came back after being away it was not working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m not sure if someone staying in the house changed some settings they said no when asked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/9/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Error exe 001 indicates a problem with the firmware on the TV.

You will need to try updating the firmware manually:

• Download the firmware update from Samsung support site using your PC at: http://www.samsung.com/au/tv/firmware/#usb-steps
  • Save the downloaded file into an USB drive
  • Now connect that USB drive to your TV
  • Now press Menu > Software Upgrade > By USB from your remote control
  • It will scan your Pendrive and asks you to confirm the installation and overwriting firmware. Press OK to confirm and follow onscreen installation.
  • Once the installation finish up, the TV will be rebooted. The firmware will be complete and the error should no longer appear.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.