TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just got a KLH home stereo sub and no matter how I hook it…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a KLH home stereo sub and no matter how I hook it up it won't turn down with the tv or the receiver. Please help

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

My tv is a vivid smart tv brand new out of the box model number D50

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

My receiver is a Sony it's about 2 years old. It doesn't have any problems with any other speakers just the subwoofer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your D50? What happened right before this?

I just put it in today so it's never had a problem. When I had just the recivet hooked up everything worked great. But now that the sub is hooked up it never turns down

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need to know why the sub never turns down. I used rca cable and then speaker wire on both input and out put.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/9/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The KLH home stereo sub has its own volume control.

Have you tried adjusting the volume on the sub?

Pete, Electronic Engineer