TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Stuck on picture size being too big. Samsung about 5 years…

Customer Question
Stuck on picture size...

Stuck on picture size being too big

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Apparently

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Tried to reset picture size to default and it did not work. I have reset the samsung remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/9/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What are you watching when this happens? Cable/satellite?

Cable

Thanks,

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the box

Grab the cable box remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

Let me know how that works for you.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.