TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a samsung 55 inch LCD and all of a sudden the screen…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung 55 inch LCD and all of a sudden the screen has green haze through out the picture on all channels. Any idea

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Not sure model. Think it’s 6 or 7 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

It just started

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

LN52A650A1FXZA Found model #

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/9/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please list everything that is connected into the tv?

Cable Box
DVD Player

So is the cable box connected directly to the tv with hdmi? Or does it run through something first? (sound bar/system or vcr or...)

Same question for the dvd player.

Theyre both direct

Is the green present if you play a dvd?

I also bought an antenna to by pass everything still doing the samething

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

No change

Is the TV MENU affected? (settings menu that you access with the Samsung remote)

Y ou can call me I pd the extra $$$

The site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

We can continue the chat menu is not affected

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires parts inside the tv be replaced. Not unusual for a tv of this age. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience recommended on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you may want to compare that to prices of new 55" tv's.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

I already knew that answer. I thought maybe you could help with some sort of reset
Anyway What about the 26.00 for a phone call. I would like that refunded
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician