TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Cuts off and blinks red next to start button. 737 series 15…

Customer Question
Cuts off and blinks...

Cuts off and blinks red next to start button

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

737 series 15 yrs

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

2 wks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Had service man 2 yrs ago for little white dots in tv. He said I was clocking 28,000 hrs

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get the full model number off of the back of the Mitsubishi?

Wd65737

Thank you. The red light blinking indicates the lamp has failed (per the owner's and service manual and what we see daily on the site). How long has it been since you last replaced the lamp?

Are you still with me here?

1 yr

Okay, are you buying the $35 Amazon or cheaper lamps, or the correct $110 Osram OEM lamps? The lesser priced ones can only get you a few months to a year sometimes.

At any rate, the blinking red light does directly indicate a failed lamp, and it would need to be replaced. You can purchase the OEM lamp for your set at the link below:

http://purelandsupply.com/mitsubishi-projector-lamp_wd65737.html

Do you need further assistance with this?

No thanks

Alright got it. Before you go could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?