TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The HDMI ports on my Sony KDL-46V25L1 TV have stopped

Customer Question
The HDMI ports on...

The HDMI ports on my Sony KDL-46V25L1 TV have stopped working...both Video 6 & Video 7. They do not appear to be turned off ("Skip"ped) under the Label Video Inputs setting screen. Neither show up as Skip, and one is labeled Cable Box.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your KDL-46V25L1?

Not sure, exactly. It is not new. 5 years old or older.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV Menu does work. There are two HDMI ports, and neither work. I can connect my cable box using SD cables to Video 3 and it works, but only in SD (of course).

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your KDL-46V25L1? What happened right before this?

I disconnected the HDMI cable to plug in another HDMI cable for a DVR (wanted to watch a movie on my DVR and forgot that I could just use Video 7 HDMI port).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't believe so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/9/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do. I also wanted to say that I have tried to do a reset on the TV to no avail.

Do you mean that you were able to perform the factory reset and it didn't work or you can't complete the factory reset?

I mean that I performed the reset and it did not fix the problem.

Did they ever work?

they worked until yesterday.

If you remove all other devices plugged in and only plug in the one device via HDMI.

Does it work?

No, I only have one device plugged in, my cable box.

Which HDMI port are you using?

I have tried both video 6 and video 7 and neither of them work

What do you mean by Video 6 and 7?

You should be on the HDMI input

Video 6 and video 7 are the HDMI inputs

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

I have tried all of the obvious things. I have tried the Box on another TV and it works. I have tried another device (DVD player) and it will not work. I have tried to reset the TV, and that doesn't fix the problem. So again, I have tried all of the obvious things.

Unfortunately, it sounds like a hardware issue if you have tried all of those options which would require a service call from a local TV repair person.