TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 46 inch Sony flat screen TV has started to double image…

Customer Question
My 46 inch Sony...

My 46 inch Sony flat screen TV has started to double image on the right side of the screen when I turn it on. After 15 minutes its fine. A friend has the same TV which had the same problem and Sony home installed a new motherboard. What is my solution?

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

Bravia - I think 7 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Let me check

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/8/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you have the original Sony remote that came with the tv?

If you bring up the TV MENU using that original Sony remote, is that menu also double vision?

No. The double image has disappeared - I guess we took too long

Best to wait for the issue to re-occur. Test with Sony remote. Reply back here when you can. Question will be here. Otherwise cannot give accurate diagnosis here.

Thank you - how do I get my deposit back

I am just a technician assigned to help you with technical issues. I have nothing to do with billing so please see the website help pages for anything related to that. Wouldn't suggest getting your deposit back if you are planning to reply back here with the information. Repair shops generally charge over $100 to come out to your house and diagnose the issue...