TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need to change my SONY TV to PCM so it will connect to my…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my SONY TV to PCM so it will connect to my Vizio soundbar. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

The code on the bottom right side of the unit is KDL-40S2010. It is at least 7 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works, but the audio choices seem limited, e.g., Audio Format only offers 'surround' as an option.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

I just received the Vizio Soiundbar as a present and hooked it up yesterday. The TV works fine. It just does not connect to the soundbar. I called Vizio and they said I need to change the audio to PCM and advised me to contact SONY for how to do that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all the information I have.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/8/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you let me know the model number of the soundbar please?I will then need 10 mins to work this out thanks

Please cancel my inquiry and refund my $5. I do not want to continue with Just Answer. I feel I have been swindled.

As a point of interest and so I can inform admin could you give me a reason for that please?just so you know I ama tech using the site just like you are, I do not see any messages (or send any myself )the site does all that you can choose to ignore if that is what you are referring to?