TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to record movies of my 50-inch Sony Bravia TV. I

Customer Question
I want to record...

I want to record movies of my 50-inch Sony Bravia TV. I connected the recorder to the TV with component cables and chose one of the two HDMI inputs on the back of the TV. I know the connection was made because I saw the finalizing instructions of the recorder on the TV screen. But the DVD came out blank. I missed the cable. Should I have used the other HDMI input?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

4 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything is perfect. It just couldn't go this extra mile.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

Only today, first time I tried after much research online.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. No thanks,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/8/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of the sony?
What is the model of the recorder?
What content is it that you're using on the tv? Apps (like netflix) perhaps, or local channels from an antenna?

KDL50W800B
You guys want too much money. I've talked to Sony, talked to DirecTV, no charge. Yes, they couldn't help me.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the agreed upon chat fees here.

If you can please provide all of the specific details I requested, we can continue here in the chat.