TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need to know how to use the zoom function. had Cable one…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to use the zoom function. had Cable one problems and when was fixed, my picture won't fill screen. normal, 100% and cinema is not what I had

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes all of those colors

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/8/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

that did not fix it. on the cable remote I don't see those buttons, on the Sceptre I see the aspect button

Did you try the Aspect button on the Sceptre remote??

Also who is your cable provider/what's the brand and model of the box??

Are you still with me here?

Cable one.. yes I used the aspect button but none of those screens are what I had. I need to know when I am on the zoom how do I zoom out

Brand and model of the cable box and I can look into that for you please.

or in, the normal doesn't fill the screen and cinema is too big. I lose part of the picture

Got it. Brand and model of the cable box and I can look into that for you please.

I can't afford for you to call me. Sorry

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

Can you provide the brand and model of the cable box and I can look into that for you please.

ok..dolby digital DMT205hd

Sorry, no manuals for that box available, I will have to opt out.

I understand