TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung 32" (not smart tv) will not turn on. any

My Samsung 32" (not...

My Samsung 32" (not smart tv) will not turn on. any suggestions. I have directv.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes a power strip and it's showing it has power.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Not for 1-2 minutes. I'll try. be back to you.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, connect me?

12/8/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the Samsung? How old is the set?

Model: LN26C35001DXZA approx. 6-10 years

Thank you. Are there ANY signs of life on the TV itself (power light lit or blinking, click sounds, etc.)?

There is small red button at bottom of the screen, this usually disappeared when the tv goes on but it is staying red.

Thank you. This indicates the Mainboard in the set has faulted- and in some cases requires replacement of this part to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

If you're still having the same problem, then unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $40:

https://repairpartstv.site/item/370510320244/samsung-ln26c350-ln26c350d1dxza-main-board-bn97-04013a-bn94-02649c__kdl_samsung.html

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $150-$175 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 26" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Thanks I think it's time for new tv.

You're welcome and I would agree. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Aric, Technician