TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have vizio tv how do I get a full screen picture in the

Customer Question
Have vizio tv how...

Have vizio tv how do I get a full screen picture in the normal mode

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

M4221-b1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes no

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Just now nothing happened

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/8/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

ECHOSTAR43yn ez11440

Okay, let's back up a bit. So what button on your cable remote did you find out of the ones listed above please (format, zoom, etc.)?

Also, when you say "in the normal mode", do you mean with the Vizio picture size options set to normal?

Please provide as much detail as possible to help me to help you.

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

under normal mode wil not fill tv screen
did all those steps
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
do not
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi `I'm jack , different tech. here

What happens when you press the WIDE button on the TV's remote ?

Did you find that aspect button on the cable remote ?

Who is your cable provider ?

do not call

Never intended to call and If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those

If you want to proceed please answer my questions , otherwise I will opt out as well

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.