TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have lost the remote for my RCA Scenium 32'' TV, I have…

Customer Question
I have lost the...

I have lost the remote for my RCA Scenium 32'' TV, I have just started a new service provider and need to turn the TV on. No Remote. I bought a universal remote at Best Buy, does work. What do you suggest

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

SRC3260A

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Will this cost me money

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/7/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

To be clear, this is a paid support service, there is no free help for rca products. You paid the agreed upon fees noted on the payment page while posting your question.

Unfortunately a universal remote is not going to to work for this. In general, the low quality "off brand" tvs simply are not compatible with other remotes.

Your best option here, short of replacing the tv, would be to purchase a replacement oem remote. They are in limited supply, but you can get one here: https://www.remotes.com/rca-p/RCA-4-RCA.htm?gclid=CjwKCAiA6qPRBRAkEiwAGw4SdkRD0EKb6vhq2GkF__yL644AfMtR70_04ZFe_Zj46MggObZ_SuVnRxoCIA4QAvD_BwE

Given the cost, and the age of the tv, which is a 2011 model and now at about 3 times its expected service life and will likely fail entirely at any time now, it may actually make more sense to consider replacing the entire tv, as you can get a brand new and updated model with a fresh warranty and a new remote, in the $200 or less range. I can recommend some options for that as well, if you'd like.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.