TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought a Roku TV stick at the suggestion of Spectrum

Customer Question
hoping to avoid the installation...
I bought a Roku TV stick at the suggestion of Spectrum hoping to avoid the installation cost of another cable feed. I can't get local live TV because I have no cable feed and no antenna ( tried but wouldn't work). I ws told that in order to have a cable feed brought in, I would also need to have a conveerter box or they wouldn't come.Is there another way or am I stuck?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/7/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 7 months ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me the make and model of your TV please?

TV is a small Supeersonic 13" screen
I must leave this computer now to go to work and did not get an answer
Dan,Is there anything I can try?

My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time. You don't have many options without cable or connected to an antenna. About as close as you can come to live TV would be to subscribe to a streaming service like Sling TV. Let me know if you have more questions.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a nice day!

I already knew that I had to buy another streaming service so I am sorry you were not able to help me

Okay, well you didn't indicate that in your initial post so I suggested that as your best option. You can also try a larger antenna to see if you might be able to pickup your local stations.