TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought a Sharp Aquos UHD tv about 6 months ago. Since then…

Customer Question
I bought a Sharp...

I bought a Sharp Aquos UHD tv about 6 months ago. Since then I have bought a UHD blu-ray player and have learned about HDCP 2.w and HDR. When I play a UHD disk, it indicates the tv is not HDR capable. Is there a firmware update to fix this?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes...the iimage is displayed. It simply says it cannot run in HDR

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

So it converts my very expensive disk to standard high def

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

My UHD payer goes through a receiver

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you.

To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

I see your message and I am able to reply Hello

Hello, I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV and Bluray player in question?

Well, no not right now. I'm at work

OK, please reply back when get back to home to continue