TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG 65LX570H hospitality TV, and I need to reset it…

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG 65LX570H hospitality TV, and I need to reset it from CPU FTG mode to pass-through mode. what is the easiest way to do that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

I have a windows 10 computer. I also have serial cables and the LG FTG Application

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I've tried connecting a USB to 3.5mm cable to both the TVLINK/CFG port and the service-only port with my laptop's comm port set to 9600,8,n,1. using the LG FTG app version 5.5.8 I get a "framing error" when connected to the TVLINK/CFG port and trying to read the config using the FTG installer page. When connected to the SERVICE-ONLY port, I don't get a framing error but i don't get any data back either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that is it. Thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
I have the commercial mode setup manual for this 65LX570H model, and it says there is a way to enter a code in the 117 FACTORY DEFAULT installer menu item, and then to enter a password. But i don't have the code or the password, do you?I can also restore to pass-through mode by uploading an empty channel map, but I don't see where I can create one for this model using the LG FTG channel map configuration utility, and I can't get to the channel map using the remote, because the TV is locked in CPU-FTG mode.
12/8/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do.

LG is the only one that can provide you with that code.

Please call 1-***-***-****