TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Pearl I need help with tv, was set up by installer work

Customer Question
Pearl I need help...

Pearl I need help with tv, was set up by installer work perfect now when go to anything says HDMI not permitted. I have it going thru the option cable box.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

TV is new out of store, the brand is TCL one that supports 4k

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have not tried any other inputs not that savy, what exactly are you asking about tv menu.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TCL? What happened right before this?

When it was turned on this am. I have different tv in bedroom with tvu also and it works.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The "HDMI no permitted" message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted. Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure. Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input. Let me know what happens.

Please try those steps and let me know what happens.