TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I moved the tv a little today, and pressed the power on the…

Customer Question
I moved the tv...

I moved the tv a little today, and pressed the power on the tv with my hand by accident. It came on. But now I can't turn it off or on with the remote. I have to use the tv touchscreen to do it. What happened?

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Stand by. Have to look

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

UN40C6300SFXZC

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Everything works fine once I turn it on at the screen. The only thing that's not working is that the remote no longer turns the set off and on.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/7/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

As an initial step please unplug power to the tv for a few minutes, replug, then let me know if the remote works at that point.

Thank you,

nope. remote still doesn't turn tv off or on.
I don't want to spend extra $ to talk by phone. This should be a simple thing to fix. Remote worked fine until I used screentouch to turn on tv. Then remote stopped turning tv on and off.
Are you still out there??
I'm tired of waiting. I'd like to credit you with 3 stars and submit the rating so I am refunded my $50. But I am not able to select a star!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want a free trial for a week, and I don't want to pay $35 for a phone call. Please fix this!!! NOW!!!!
Thank you