TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv doesn't turn on. 3 other devices plugged into same…

Customer Question
My tv doesn't turn...

My tv doesn't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

3 other devices plugged into same power surge plug, all working.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/7/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the make and model number of your TV?

Does the standby light come on at all?

Can you hear any noises or clicking or beeping from the TV?

Vizio E420i-AO No standby light and no noices, clicking or beeping from TV.

Ok, then the TV's internal power supply board is suspect and it will require a repair.

This type of repair typically costs around $200-250.