TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The Tv doesn't turn on at all..

Customer Question
the Tv doesn't turn on...
the Tv doesn't turn on at all..
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/7/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front ?
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Note that myself I do not send the phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , i have no control over those.

Olevia 242F HD-T11 LCD HD TV .....it does nothing...no lights ....no heartbeat....wasn't dropped ...just gave up breathing.. :-(

OK then , pull out the power cord 20 secs or so and listen closely to see if there a clicking sound from inside when you plug it back

no clicking at all

OK then there is not much else but the power supply circuit that failed in this case

I just looked and there are 3 versions of it for this model , they cost on average $70

Are you going to work on this yourself or would just like to have an idea of the parts and costs involved ?

I`ll give you both

how much does it usually cost to have it fixed ..since we are not smart enough to change it

OK then as i said , the power supply cost $70 and to have this replace at home will cost easily above $200 and id say more like $250

if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 6 or 7 years old and the fact that you can get a new 42" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $$250 so i think it would be time to retire this one and head on to bestbuy for example , their Insignia brand is pretty good and cheap , anyway that part is your choice but again I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Sorry for the crappy news by the way

Any questions on this ?

If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.