TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound works, the word sharp appears but no picture, The

Customer Question
Hi, sound works, the...

Hi, sound works, the word sharp appears but no picture, The input buttons do not work. I hard re-setting the tv, and all of the wires going into it. I tried the down volume button and the inut button on back of tv as well, still no picture please advise

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Sharp TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No no

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
12/6/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you.

To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

hello
rather try by typing are you there?

Hello, I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

cable box optimum and sound bar are plugged in,
Sharp LC-601LE660U

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Did that but not for 10 min - maybe 3 min

Please try it for 10 minutes

k

Thanks

ok almost ready to plug everything back in .
plugged back in
you there?
input still not working

Sorry to hear that, does Sharp logo screen stay and do not disappear?

Sharp logo appears then goes away.
but keeps popping back up
any suggestions? tv is 2.5 yrs old

OK, give me couple of minutes, I'm working on it

First thing I would suggest to update TV firmware, click following Sharp link and download Firmware file to proceed as per Sharp instructions on that page..

http://www.sharpusa.com/Support/ProductDetail.aspx?model=LC-60LE660U

k- done

OK, what is the result of firmware update?

i just downloaded the document, but didn't do an update yet... where does it tell you?

On that page you will see few tabs in a black bar, click on Firmware tab then click Download button to get 124mb zip file to proceed

found the update , downloading to usb, however, the menu does not work, will it pop up once plugged into tv?

Open the Zip file and place the file named “BUFF_C_223.img” on a USB drive. Place the file in the root directory (not in any subfolder).

Insert the USB drive into the USB input on the side of the TV.

Turn ON TV power and update process should start itself

Any luck?
Please reply back with the result

the file downloaded was corrupt! will not allow me to save to usb :</

OK, download again and try please

Did not work!!! UGH!!!!!!! please refund my $$$. I've had it.
VERY UNSATISFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact customer service via help link on main page of website for any refund/ billing issue

send me the link