TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 60 LE832U sharp TV. It wouldn't turn on, called

I have a 60 LE832U...
I have a 60 LE832U sharp TV. It wouldn't turn on, called Sears, repairman said it's the power supply board. I change it and still won't turn on but now it's flashing 2 long and 5 short.. Should I proceed to next step or return the part and dump the tv.
JA: Is your LE832U connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it worth proceeding to the next step.
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you.

To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

OK, lets start troubleshooting

Do you get same error code (flashing light on TV front) before power board replacement?

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Prefer texting

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

- Do you get same error code (flashing light on TV front) before power board replacement?

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Ok thank you

No problem, could you please reply to my info request sent in previous message and here is it again..

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
What would be my next step

I'm not sure if my messages are going trough properly, can you see following bold fonts message and reply to that..

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
No flashing. It only started to flash after I installed
the refurbished board

OK, power light flashing 2 long and 5 short is an error code and indicates panel_12V line failure that means either t-con board isn't getting 12V from power board for some reason or t-con board itself is defective and sending failure signal.

Please check the connectors that were removed for power board replacement to make sure all are plugged securely and tight, also check 12V on t-con board connector (it would be 4 pin connector) with multimeter.

If 12V are available for a second when turning power On then t-con board is bad and if volts are not available then power board is defective.

I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Is there a possibility that that the new power board might be defective

Yes, it is quite possible and you can confirm its 12V output by using multimeter on connector of t-con board as explained in my previous reply

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Which one of the four pobs is the hot one.

Usually pin-1 is hot to measure 12V

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
Okay, no voltage on 4 pin connector. Voltage on 4th pin on power supply board

OK, it seems you got defective power supply board that should be returned to supplier to get a working one as replacement.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician