TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Panasonic TC-P42C2 stuck on initial setting OSD language. Tv…

Customer Question
Panasonic TC-P42C2 stuck on...

Panasonic TC-P42C2 stuck on initial setting OSD language

Technician's Assistant: What device is frozen?

Tv screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Are you reading what I type?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything else works, the language setup menu came up when I turned the tv on and won't respond

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Immediate, power was off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/6/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you.

To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

Hello
Text

Thanks, ***** ***** troubleshooting

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

No, will unplug now

OK, take your time

No change

Sorry to hear that, does TV remote work?

Does power button on TV remote work to switch On and Off the TV?

Why don’t you want to work with a phone call?

You asked for text chat so I'm here to assist you

Lest try to reset the TV to default settings..

Press and hold Volume Down button on TV and Menu button on TV remote at same time for 5 seconds.
Self Check will appear on the top of screen, press and hold Power button on TV itself until TV powers Off.
Turn On the TV and initial setup wizard screen will display to ensure TV has been reset to default settings. Please reply back with the result

Yes to what?

Please reply with bit details as this is the only info source to me to troubleshoot the problem

New, different language screen with English highlighted and picture of remote to right

OK, now use TV remote (Panasonic remote) to go through setup to complete it and reply back with the result

Fixed

Excellent, glad to know problem is fixed. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?