TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The tv has picture, but no sound and some times the sound…

Customer Question
The tv has picture...

The tv has picture, but no sound and some times the sound will come on really loud or really low, but you can't adjust it.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Just the cable that came with the tv when we first bought it. we had not touch it since it was installed by the techs about 8 years ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
12/6/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

the picture came back but still no sound not even statics

What's the model number off of the back of your TV and what is connected to it (cable box, DVD player, etc.)?

I'll wait for a technician to call.

Okay, I'm not available by phone, so won't be calling, but perhaps another technician is and will.

well maybe we can trouble shoot since there not a tech available. The Hitachi modeL # is 32HDL51M

Thank you. Do you have a DVD player you can try on the set- so we can determine if the loss of sound is the TV itself- or perhaps simply the cable box?

I've tried play a movie already. It shows but no sound. The DVD cable connect to the Audio video control unit then the out cable connect from the audio video center to the tv

You have an audio video control unit?? Well that's substantial info since it means your TV doesn't even produce sound, and this is the first this was mentioned.

Don't they come with it. It's part of the tv, like the modem for your computer right? At time the sound will comes on but you can't adjust the volume if its too loud or too low. The volume number will go up and down but the sound remain the same.
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 4 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , different tech. here

Still need help with this ?

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician