Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Where van I get a remote device that is suitable gor me

Customer Question

Where van I get a remote device that is suitable gor me Sharp television, serial number:###-##-####JA: What Sharp model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Oh dear! I think at least five years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I don't understand your question. I recently moved and the remote went missing.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I think that is it. Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I cannot see the model number!!
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Should be near the serial on the back cover and for a sharp it will start with LC , for example a 40" model will start LC-40.......

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When will you call me? I have been waiting a while now!!!!
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Call you ???

I don`t see any phone offers here and beside a phone call would cost you more than a new remote and completely redundant here

What is needed is the model number and i will find you a remote in less than 2 minutes

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Even if i were to call , can`t do anything without that number

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What else do you need from me? All of this back and forth further makes me think that I am dealing fraudulent prople!!
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

I rejected your phone request as that would be fraudulent

I told you that it was redundant here , a phone call would cost you an extra $26 and I declined it , that how fraudulent I am

It would be useless and I told you I cannot do anything without that model number so if you cannot supply that then I will opt out

We are not getting anywhere without that

Goodbye

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, no! That affirmative answer was a mistake! I am very unhappy with you people! I have just reported you to my bank. I have been told that you are trying to take from my account $26, $28, and $5!! No way! If you take this money, I am going to report you as a fraud. Shame on you!