TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

WHEN TURN ON TV HAIER 55" 4K SCREEN GOES BLACK. Hdmi cables…

Customer Question
WHEN TURN ON TV...

WHEN TURN ON TV HAIER 55" 4K SCREEN GOES BLACK

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Haier TV?

Yes hdmi cables

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/6/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

do you get a brief flash of light or perhaps the company logo on the screen before it goes dark ?

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

model haier 55e5500u
when issue occurs no company logo appears it can take awhile to get a picture sometimes i need to reboot pc,dvd to get picture other times i get company logo and starts fine

O.k but in general it will black out the picture upon startup , is that it ?

O.k then I know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with LED backlit tv`s now
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in haier but LG , dsamsung vizio etc. just about any tv with led`s

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/haier-crh-k553535t0613-replacement-led-backlight-strips-12-55e5500u.htm

I must say that this is not an easy job to do and you will have to be comfortable working with electronic circuits , here is a video that shows you how its done , not your model but the same job ;

https://youtu.be/qGk6Nx82SCA

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .