TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sanyo that turns on, everything works as should,

Customer Question
I have a sanyo...

I have a sanyo that turns on, everything works as should, but I have no sound, no internal from speakers and no external on any device, speakers or appliances.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product has sound issues?

I have tried everything from factory reset to connect8ng different things. It's a sanyo 48 inch led 46xr123d tv

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes. Although, do I need to have anything other than just an aerial cord plugged in for tv sound. I'm thinking it's a fault inside

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Just the e.g. to the wall socket. Doesn't need sound cords

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Sorry RF socket

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
I have tried all the tips and tricks from over the internet. Nothing at all works. I have it in store dynamic setting atm. Not able to factory reset properly due to not having devices control, but am using a peel remote to get through.
12/6/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2012 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty from a more reputable and longer lasting brand in the $400 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.